Thursday 1 February 2007

Wednesday stuff

I'm happy for once - what happened?

I've slept better the last two nights - my mind must be a bit better!

Had a great day at college today - I did some beautiful prints! I had made the plates ages ago in etching - a process called aquatint! Its like a fine powder goes onto the plate and you burn it on - it gives a tonal effect - or is that affect??  Anyway, my prints came out great so I have more work to put in my exhibition on the 12th.

Then at lunch time my friend's Cean and Dian took me out for lunch - how nice was that!! We went to the lunchbox - which is in the college and its the students who are training in catering! So its a cheap meal but top class food!! Really enjoyed that. Cean and Dian come from Jamaica and have a house there - they showed me pics today - awwww they said I must go there with John one day - how nice  would that be!!!  And Cean got an outstanding award for his achievement at college!! Because he is from Jamaica and has had to get used to our language as well as do his course - he has done so well - I was really proud of him!!

Work tomorrow!! Boo hoo - oh well at least Im bringing some pennies in!!!

See you all soon

Laine xxx

p.s. I still cant get my graphics into my journal!! :(

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound so cheery, so happy. I love knowing people I care about are happy. Sleep does wonders, doesn't it? the process called aquatint sounds fascinating. So glad your prints came out  nice.
You take care now.
Hugs, love and prayers,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

poor you having to work when you could be eating peaches

Anonymous said...

What a difference a good nights sleep makes ,your lunch sounds great with nice friends ,,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling better :) Sounds like you had a good day at college.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're sleeping better Laine and you sound a lot happier too! Well done to your friend from Jamaica for his award at college! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

YES!  Get some graphics up here (in your spare time...LOL).

I'd love to see some of your work.

Anonymous said...

thats good you had a good day at school and it wasnt as stressful.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could see your artwork, I bet it is lovely.  Well, you make that trip to Jamaica one day and enjoy.