Saturday 10 February 2007

Saturday and John's home

Hi all, I made it!! I got through the week!! LOL

Thanks for all your lovely comments and I think I could set up a cleaning business with all you wanting a sparkling kitchen LOL - d'ya know if you were all nearer I would come and do it - as mad as it seems I love doing it!!! Jeannette I passed your way at 5:10am LOL not sure you would have wanted me in then!!! I did look out for you LOL!! ********* Sara they are magic fairy dust stars for you to make your kitchen sparkly!!!

The day went well with Sam and London College Hospital. We got the 5:09 am train and it was freezing - my poor dad got up and dropped us at Brighton station!!  We arrived in London at 6.45 am - we had a little trouble finding the hospital but not too bad.  We got to the hospital at 7.00am!! It was still dark!!!  Our appointment was at 8.00am but I was glad we were there early would hate to have panicked and it meant we missed all the rush hour people.  The doctor and nurses were lovely they looked after Sam great.  He had three injections, one a hormone, one for thyroid, and one that was insulin - so it stressed the pituritary gland - they took loads of bloods and when his sugar levels went down to 2 point something (nearly 3) he as given sugary drinks and food to bring it back up.  We finished about 0ne then we had to go to the main hospital building for an xray on his hand so they could tell his bone age.   Sam was really very brave all day and when it made him ill he never made a fuss - bless him!!!  We got home by five at my mum's and had a lovely dinner.

I was so so tired but I still got in my car and drove back to Hastings as my man would be waiting.  My boys were being picked up at eight from my mum's so they not here for the weekend.  Just me and John.  I cant tell you how pleased I was to see him last night.

I will try catch up with your journals this weekend - it felt so strange not having my laptop and internet whilst at my mum and dad's.

Sam and I played Animal Crossing on the train with our earphones in and I embarrasingly shouted up hey Sam stop stealing my peaches!! LOL

John and I are going out tonight to see the Hugh Grant film, music and lyrics.

Right next thing is my exhibiton on Monday - got to do lots of work this weekend - at least most of it is up now.

See you all soon and have a good weekend.

Love Laine xxxx

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sam, it sounds like he was a really brave boy.  Glad you have your man back, have a great weekend with him.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

Of course you could have come in and done a bit of cleaning! Lol! It was cold that morning wasn't it?! At least we're still snow free! I'm glad John's home now, it must be a relief to see him again. Well done Sam for being brave; and leave your mum's peaches alone! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that all went well.
Animal Crossing is surprisingly addictive!

Anonymous said...

See, I told you it would soon pass! Have a lovely peaceful weekend with John, enjoy the film,,,,let us know what you think as from the trailers Hugh Grant does not really suit the role!

Anonymous said...

((((( for Sam, for being so brave )))))
Sooo glad your John is back, aww, have the bestest weekend won't you :o)  
Thank you for my magic fairy dust stars, am waiting for them to make my kitchen sparkly, he he :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

aawww glad your weekend is here and things are getting back to normal...
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Glad all went well at the hospital and wasn't Sam a brave lad with all those tests ~ and not complaining ~ I just know you and John are going to have a fantastic weekend enjoy every minute ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Sam made it through all the procedures at the hospital overcoming the sickness.     Your weekend with John should be a good one.     Best wishes on your show on Monday.     mark

Anonymous said...

Iam pleased thats over gosh it was early wasnt it ,PLeased John is home now ,lol at you shouting out on the train ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

So happy that all of that is done now. Poor Sam. And HOORAY.
Your John is home. lol
You know I KNOW how great that is. Heck, I miss Johnhy when he's in the next room.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

Hi Laine,  I`m so pleased the hospital appointment went and of course that John is home again. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I knew you could do it ;)  Glad he's home and that the hospital went well ~ good ol' sam!!  LOL @ your comment on the train.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife