Thursday 29 March 2007

Thursday

Don't believe it - twice I lost my entry!!! grrrrrrrrrr - my own fault - but why did I do it twice.

What I was trying to do was write the blurb for the book I told you about yesterday - anyway I'll try again and if it dont work this time I will not be doing it again!!! hmmmph!!!

Short listed for the Richard & Judy Book Club 2007. An uplifting story set in Los Angeles about one man's effort to bring himself back to life. Richard is a modern day everyman; a middle-aged divorcee trading stocks out of his home. He has done such a good job getting his life under control that he needs no one. His life has slowed almost to a standstill, until two incidents conspire to hurl him back into the world. One day he wakes up with a knotty cramp in his back, which rapidly develops into an all-consuming pain. At the same time a wide sinkhole appears outside his living room window, threatening the foundations of his house. A vivid novel about compassion and transformation, "This Book Will Save Your Life" reveals what can happen if you are willing to open up to the world around you. Since her debut in 1989, A.M. Homes has been among the boldest and most original voices of her generation, acclaimed for the psychological accuracy and unnerving emotional intensity of her storytelling. Her keen ability to explore how extraordinary the ordinary can be is at the heart of her touching and funny new novel, her first in six years. (you can get this on Waterstones web site)

Right, are you still there, good, phew!!

Can't remember what I said before - probably aload of rubbish!

Relieved Ive done dissertation and thinking of all my fellow students rushing round getting theirs done in last minute ha ha!!!  I dreamt I was told that I got a first class honours degree - ha ha what a joke!!! LOL be lucky if I get a 2-2!

I ordered a book at Waterstones today, Fluke by James Herbert - kept thinking about it after I mentioned it to Sara.  I remembered that I loved it and wanted to read it again - it should be here by Monday yay!! Sara what was that book you recommended I read? I forgot!! I was trying to look for it today and I couldnt remember it! LOL

Right Im going now just incase it get all deleted again! LOL Oh yeah thats what I was going to say - glad lots of you visited me yesterday - and its probably a mixture of alerts and lovely weather - as it gets warmer more peeps are gonna be out and about arent they!

Love Laine xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard and Judy are hosting the British book club awards on channel four tomorrow night at eight o clock Peter Kay and Victoria Hislop are among those competeing for book of the year ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

12 comments lucky you!!

Anonymous said...

That book sounds good Lainey ~ I still have one or two to read that I had for Christmas havn't gotten into reading much this year ~ but will make a note of your one for the future ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Laine,  Fluke is one of my favourite films so I`d better read the book, I`m sure it`s even better than the film. :o)



Love Sandra xxxx

http://journals.aol.com/labdancer51?SandrasScribbles/

Anonymous said...

My Mum is into all those Richard and Judy books, she keeps passing them my way when she's finished with them, so I'm sure I'll get this one eventually too :o)

That book was 'Watchers' by Dean Koontz.  Aww, I loved it, hope you do too.

Sara   x

Anonymous said...

You have to be persistent with AOL! I like your summery flowers on this post, it's been like winter today, I was freezing at work! It's nice to sit back when you've finished your dissertation knowing most others are still hard at it! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting book ~ I'm currently watching the book awards :-)  Richard and Judy do put forward some good books don't they??  Don't be silly about your dissertation.  At the end of the day you are gonna have a degree ~ I haven't got one ;-)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Might well try and pick up that book.  I get a lot of the latest ones at the Charity shops, saves me a fortune!  Glad you feel all nice and relaxed now you have finished the dissertation and I really hope you get a first.  Hugs, Terry x